- Three graduates earned a cumulative grade point average of 4.0.
- Seniors have been awarded over $128,000 so far in scholarships.
- Eight students were inducted into the Eagle Chapter of the National Honor Society in February, 2012, to add to the five members currently involved in National Honor Society. The National Honor Society sponsors the coin contest through the month of February and the PJ and hat day for cancer.
- Seventh through twelfth grade students are represented by their peers in student council, meeting biweekly. They were actibe in raising mondy/donations for Operation Christmas Child, organizing the second annual ACA winter spiritual retreat for high school students, supporting the elementary speech program, helping with Kindergarten Round-up, writing thank you letters to chapel speakers, the National Day of Prayer, helping support the Capital Campaign Fund, and supporting Eli Horn and his family by selling t-shirts and wrist bracelets.
- ACA’s Science Fair resulted in forty students earning superior (blue) ribbons. Fifteen students earned excellent (red) ribbons.
- Studnets first through sixth grade participated in the ACA Elementary Speech Meet. Sixty-one students received superior ratings in the ACA Elementary Speech Meet, and forty-one student received excellent ratings. Twenty-two elemtnary students attended the Iowa ACSI elementary speech meet. Fourteen students received a blue (superior) ribbon and eight received a red (excellent) ribbon.
- Sixty-six secondary students participated in ACA’s speech meet, with some participating in more than one category. Nine superior ratings were achieved and forty-two excellent ratings were achieved. No Iowa ACSI secondary speech meet was available for ACA students to attend.
- Volleyball: One ACA volleyball player achieved first team all-conference. One volleyball player received honorable mention all-conference.
- Boys’ Basketball: One ACA basketball player achieved all first team conference and another player recieved second team all-conference.
- Girls’ Basketball: Two students received honorable mention all-conference.
- Golf: One player was the Class 1A State Golf Champion for the third time. Two players were named to the academic all-state golf team.
- ACA was represented in the Rolling Hills Art Fair. ACA students were awarded the following at the Art Fair: two first place winners, one second place winner, one third place winner, and three honorable mention placements.
- The ACA art show was on display in the lobby for three weeks in April, 2012, displaying artwork from DK-12th grade students.
- Two students were selected for honor band.
- In the South Central iowa Bandmasters Association (SCIBA) during the instrumental solo/ensemble contest, seven students received 1+ (highest rating) and seven earned 1 ratings. Two students were awarded best of center for two centers.
- The drama department presented three performance of All I Really to Know I Learned in Kindergraten.
- ACA held Christmas and spring vocal concerts for preschool programs and for grades DK to twelve. Christmas and spring insturmental concerts for grades five through twelve were also held.
- Ten secondary students were involved consistently in chapel team which led the music and worship portion of secondary chapels each Wednesday. Selected elementary students led the elementary chapel worship. A number of sutdents sang or played special music in both elementary and seconary chapel.
- Our ninth through twelfth grade students participated in our Spiritual Leadership Retreat at Hidden Acres in Augst. The junior high students participated in planned group activites and were challenged by a message from God’s Word.
- The secondary students learned much at the Spiritual renewal day long even in January. Topics discussed included: making a difference in the lives you touch especially at ACA, always be faithful to God no matter what you are going through, and follow God’s will. The students watched and discussed “Seven Days of Utopia.”
- One high school student was chosen to pray for our country during the National Day of Prayer ceremony.
- We have been informed of ten students who have accepted Christ as their Savior this year.