Dear Parents and Guardians,
The books, computers, pens, pencils, and crayons are gone! The students are not in our hallways, we are a lonely place! The fact that we are safer because of the isolation is worth it, of course. Due to the changes at ACA I wanted to take a moment and bring you up to date:
- We are still officially working toward a return date of April 13. We are all praying for this.
- The intensification of the COVID-19 situation over the weekend was pivotal in motivating our materials pickup. Our plan had been to ask parents and students to come in later in the week to get their learning materials. We had to move quickly based on fears that the governor could have restricted the ability of parents and students to come to school. Thank you parents for your flexibility in the Secondary materials pickup. Thank you to parents, staff, and faculty who were deeply involved in the Elementary materials pickup yesterday.
- Teachers are working toward the provision of lessons to begin on Monday, March 30. For grades Begindergarten to 8, the work is not required for students. It is intended to give parents the ability to have their children engaged in meaningful learning. I should note that our elementary teachers have worked very hard on this and hope to see their work utilized by their students. For grades 9-12 the classwork is required since these are credit-bearing classes. The 8th grade Algebra I classwork is also required since it is credit-bearing.
- Several students have not picked up their school things. They may still do that by contacting the office. If an after-hours pickup time would be helpful, please alert me.
- Finally, remember that re-enrollment for next year is underway. Enrolling now is a great way to assure us of your continued support and to save money by slipping in under the decreased-cost registration threshold. That means the price goes up soon.
Thanks for your support. Thanks to the many who have emailed positive thoughts to Mrs. Hansen and to me. We are family.